Tuesday, October 26, 2021

My new journey outside Teaching

 I decided to leave teaching career . It was a hard decision for me. For so many years it was my identity. It what I desired  for so many years, that I’m not sure what or even who I am anymore. I dreamt for as long as I can remember had always wanted to be a teacher. I remember dressing up my dog Sara Gene and lining up my dolls and reading my book and transforming myself into a teacher at a young age. So when I desired as a young mother to become a teacher it felt as if it was a God send. I don’t know if I didn’t follow God’s path or it wasn’t God’s will but somewhere something went wrong. The  children I taught were extremely difficult or it was Covid-19 Pandamic. I got sick and the children were constantly hurting me, stepping on my feet, kicking me, spitting on me slapping me. Did I mention they were 3-4 years old. They were head Start kids. Government funded we had to go through hoops to get them help, so if they hurt other children, not to mention  adult it took so long to get them help or even out of the program. One time one child even slapped my glasses off my face and they broke. I recently got diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. My grandma had it. I have good days and bad days. The dads when the kids would stomp on my feet just killed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment